Data Collection and Management using Open Data Kit (ODK)
ODK or Open Data Kit is a set of free and open source tools that are used for field data collection using android mobile phones (Devices) and allows data submission to an online or cloud server. The ODK – Open Data Kit ecosystem includes the following components: ODK Collect, ODK Build, XLSForm, ODK Aggregate and ODK Manage as the major components. Other tools in the ODK ecosystem include ODK Briefcase, ODK Aggregate VM, ODK XLSForm Converter, ODK Validate, GEOODK, ODK Scanner, ODK Printers and the ODK Sensor Framework. Data collection is an integral parts of any monitoring and evaluation process and is a key ingredient of informed decision making. Data collection was in the past executed through paper and pen method, which made them prone to error, inconveniences and high costs. Nowadays, instead of collecting data on paper using a pen, data is inputted into a mobile device which is then capable of exporting directly into a centralized database for processing and analysis. Open Data Kit (ODK) is a suite of tools that allows data collection using Android mobile devices and data submission to an online server. This training will equip the participants with skills to author survey questionnaire and manage mobile data collection platform using ODK.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Create survey forms using Build and XLSForms
- Set up ODK Build, Collect and Aggregate
- Upload forms to an Aggregate server
- Load forms into Collect on an Android device
- Use ODK Collect to fill out forms with field participants
- Upload survey data from Collect to Aggregate
- Export, manage and analyse data from Aggregate
- Download collected data and manage it for statistical analysis.
Who should enroll?
The course is useful for professionals who use data as part of their work and who need to make decisions from data analysis. This course does not assume prior knowledge of ODK or any other data collection platform.
8th – 12th March, 2021
5th – 9th April, 2021
17th – 21st May, 2021
7th – 11th June, 2021
Duration: 5 Days
Mode of delivery: Online
Who should enroll?
This training course would be relevant to all of those involved in the preparation, presentation and interpretation of financial reports in all organizations (both for profit and non-profit).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a course training agenda
Why train with us?
Vital Extra Learning guarantees our clients:
• State-of-the-art facilities and training infrastructure
• Extended tradition of hand-holding during post engagement
• Service delivery through highly seasoned industry experts.
• Value for money